Attention Residents of Hillsboro Beach
Water Restrictions and Landscaping
In 2010, the Broward County Board of County Commissioners passed an ordinance adopting year round irrigation restrictions. The Year-Round Landscape Irrigation Rule (Chapter 40E-24, Florida Administrative Code.) is a component of the South Florida Water Management District's Comprehensive Water Conservation Program, which was established to encourage more responsible use of water resources throughout South Florida.
· In general, NO watering of lawns and landscapes is allowed on Monday, Tuesday, and Fridays.
· Irrigation (watering) is never allowed during the day.
· Irrigation is allowed Wednesdays and Saturdays from 4 p.m. to 10 a.m. for odd-numbered addresses and Thursdays and Sundays from 4 p.m. to 10 a.m. for even-numbered addresses.
New Landscaping, Sod or Other Plantings
· New landscaping can be watered without regard to restrictions on the first day it is installed.
· Landscaping that has been in place from 2 days to 30 days can be watered every day except Friday's during the hours allowed for regular landscape irrigation.
· Landscaping that has been in place from 31 days to 90 days can be watered on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays during the hours allowed for regular landscape irrigation.
· Additional watering days can only be used to benefit new landscaping. An entire irrigation
system zone may only be watered if it contains at least 50 percent new landscaping.
For additional ways to save water in your yard, learn what and how to plant in certain areas, information on xeriscaping, a list of native plants appropriate for each plant zone, and other useful resources visit the Nature escape Broward County website.