Town of Hillsboro Beach Building Department
The Building Department’s mission is to protect the lives and property of the residents of the Town of Hillsboro Beach, and their guests, through the professional enforcement of codes and standards adopted by the Florida Building Commission and Broward County Board of Rules and Appeals. The Town of Hillsboro Beach Building Department reviews plans and performs jobsite inspections to verify compliance with the Florida Building Code and ensure the safe progression and completion of permitted construction
The Town of Hillsboro Beach Building Department is powered by Calvin, Giordano & Associates, Inc (CGA).
The Building Department is open to the public 7:30 am - 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday.
To simplify your permitting experience, a drop box is available for any minor or quick drop offs/pick ups between 7:30am - 3:30pm, Monday – Friday. Drop box users will receive an email confirmation no later than the next business day. An online payment system is also available through this website to accept Building Department permit fees.
We encourage you to visit our website (www.townofhillsborobeach.com) for the most current information and to pay permit fees, schedule inspections, view plan review comments, or check inspection results.
All necessary forms are available on the website.
- For permitting questions contact Mariana El-Sayed at email@example.com or Ivan Wong at Wwong@cgasolutions.com or via phone at 954-427-4011
- For scheduling inspections or general questions contact the Building Department General Voicemail at 954-766-2766 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For general building department information and electrical questions/inspection coordination, contact Steve Mitchell, Building Official / Chief Electrical Inspector at 954-592-5057 or email@example.com
- For Structural questions/inspection coordination, contact K-Maron Perdue, Chief Structural inspector/ Plans Examiner at 954-599-7765 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Plumbing questions/inspection coordination, contact Mike Siravo, Plumbing Inspector / Plans Examiner at 754-215-0909 or email@example.com
- For Mechanical questions/inspection coordination, contact Joe Switalski, Mechanical Inspector / Plans Examiner at 954-909-7400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peter Beaudoin, Assistant Building Official, Chief Plumbing/Mechanical Inspector, may be reached at 954-822-1057 or email@example.com
- For Electrical questions/inspection coordination, contact Donald Correa, Electrical Inspector at 305-962-5834 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PERMIT SUBMITTAL DROPOFF/PICKUP
As as alternative to counter service, there is a "drop box" in front of Town Hall Entrance available from 7:30am- 3pm, Monday-Friday. Please follow these Permit Submittal Drop-off Instructions to ensure your permit will be processed and reviewed in a timely manner.
When picking up a permit, your permit will be located in the Dropbox with Contractor information listed on the Envelope. We will advise you when the permit will be ready for pickup via email or telephone. Shall you have any questions please email Mariana at email@example.com or Steve Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
***If it is a smaller permit package (A/C , Water Heater, Electric Panels, Backflows, etc.), you can also use our Online Permitting Service.***
Hours of Construction (Ordinance No. 2020-04)
8:00am-6:00pm Weekdays Only
No Construction Activity of any nature on Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
For large or complicated projects, we recommend a pre-construction meeting for the builder’s team and Town of Hillsboro Beach staff. This meeting will cover inspection scheduling, inspection processes, town ordinances and requirements including working hours, traffic management, and site security. These meeting will also provide an introduction to other Town staff and identify additional contacts within the Town, Water Department, and Police Department.
Protect Our Sea Turtles
The Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission(FWC), Sea Turtle Conservancy and Town of Hillsboro Beach have taken great strides to protect our Sea Turtles. To keep in line with protecting the turtles all new window and door installations must comply with the Town of Hillsboro Beach Window and Door requirements. Any new lighting will also have to meet certain lighting requirements stipulated by the town’s ordinances and the FWC.